Autumn Lake Healthcare at Beloit is an established skilled nursing facility in Beloit, WI that is seeking CNA’s for Day shift, PM shift and Noc Shift. Fulltime or Part time.
Now offering 8 and 12 hours shifts! HUGE SIGN ON BONUS! Up to $5000.00
NEW HIRE STARTING RATES!
SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL! $2.00 PM shift $1.00 NOC shift
The following is an outline of the major responsibilities that this position will be responsible for. This is not an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities; therefore this position may require other tasks as directed by the supervisor.
• Know and follow the philosophy, policies and purpose of Autumn Lake Healthcare at Beloit.
• Admission and discharge of residents with the assistance of the Nursing Staff, but not limited to:
o marking residents clothes
o Orientation of the resident’s unit
o Resident policies
o Temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, height and weight.
• Help resident and family adjust to their new environment.
• Clean large equipment, wheelchair, Geri Chair, etc.
• Give resident care under the supervision of the nursing staff
• Keep Utility room and work areas clean at all times.
• Giving of bedpan or urinal.
• Give baths: complete bed bath, partial bed bath, sitz bath, shower bath and tub bath.
• Make beds that are occupied and unoccupied.
• Know Cardinal Symptoms: temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure.
• Application of hot soaks, hot water bottle, ice bag, ice cap and ice collar.
• Measure and record intake and output.
• Collect specimens: urine, stool and sputum, if ordered.
• Weigh residents.
• Care for residents in isolation.
• Assist nursing staff in care and management of residents; obey instructions from nursing staff at all times.
• Place soiled linens and clothing in appropriate containers.
• Answer call lights right away.
• Transport residents to activities and encourage participation.
• Know correct order to chart and procedure of charting• Use abbreviations and terminology accepted by Autumn Lake Healthcare at Beloit.
• Participate and plan for resident’s goals and maximum independence.
• Transfer residents to and from dining rooms, serving trays, feeding residents, removing trays, passing extra nourishments and fresh water.
• Demonstrate and consistently use rehabilitation techniques while utilizing correct body mechanics.
• Demonstrate and consistently use rehabilitation training techniques including the following:
o Activity techniques
o Occupational therapy
o Training techniques, i.e. behavior modification development and other as requested.• Attend in-service programs and implement techniques learned.
• Remain on the nursing unit and leave only for breaks, lunch or with the express permission of the nursing staff.
• Report to the nursing staff when leaving or returning to the unit.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Applicant must have passed a recognized CNA class.
Minimum Skills and Abilities Required
Must be currently registered in the state of Wisconsin as a CNA.
A sincere desire to work with the elderly and those with Alzheimer’s or related dementias. Patience and compassion is essential.
Must be willing to learn and utilize new material presented during the in-services.
Must attend 12 hours of continuing Education per Calendar year.
Must be presentable in person, dependable, cooperative and interested in long term care.
Ability to uphold confidentiality.
Work well under pressure and can handle frequent interruptions
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance